The official rules are below and these rules, together with an example score card will be available at the club prior to play on Saturday.
- Pinehurst is a two player game and as such requires groupings of four (2 pairings of 2).
- DO NOT register on the computer.
- Pay at the bar as per a normal competition.
- Only ONE card is required between pairs.
- Pinehurst involves two players both teeing off on a hole and then playing their second shots with their partner’s ball.
- They then chose which ball they prefer and play proceeds as per a normal Foursomes competition (alternate stroke). If Player B hit the second shot of the chosen ball, Player A will hit the next shot.
- The team’s handicap is determined by taking 3/8 of the aggregate handicaps of both partners.
- Marking the card is done by recording the stroke score taken on the hole. Cards should be swapped with the other pairing which you are playing with.
- All players are encouraged to make up a group of four as there will be no separate competition for anyone without a partner.
- Cards must be marked IN FULL as per the sample cards provided.