These changes meant that there would be no Club Championships in October / November this year, rather one in February March 2019. Whilst initially this was seen as acceptable, as there would still be a Championship held during our 2018-19 golf season, the fact that this doesn't align to the calendar year, and subsequently would result in no "2018" Club Champion, it was decided that further alterations were necessary.
As a result the following changes have been made to the 2018-19 season program which is now available on the program webpage. These are summarised as follows:
- There will now be a 2018 Club Championship starting in late October.
- The 2019 Club Championship will continue to be programmed starting in late February.
- The 2018 Handicap Matchplay Championships will be slightly shortened but played from late November.
- There will be no Christmas Trophy to accommodate these changes.
- The 2019-20 season, running from April 2019 - March 2020, will be the proposed standard moving forward where Handicap Matchplay will be held in October / November 2019, Foursomes Championships in January 2020 and Club Championships in February March 2020.
EGC Match Committee