Unfortunately at around 11:30 am the heavens opened and in the space of around 5 minutes the course became unplayable. Fairways turned to rivers, greens turned into pools and putting became impossible. This weather didn't let up and in the end the competition had to be cancelled with only a handful of hardy souls managing to finish.
As the competition was Monthly Medal, Legacy Day and the 2nd round of the Captains Trophy it has been decided that these will be rescheduled to Saturday 29th June. If it is again unplayable the June Monthly Medal will be abandoned and the Legacy Day and Captains Trophy will be moved to the following week, which is the July Monthly Medal.
Given we are now moving into the wetter part of the season some changes to the schedule are anticipated so check back here and the notice board / leader board at the club for any changes.